Acceptable use Policy
THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY (THE “POLICY”) FOR PRODUCTS AND INTERNET SERVICES IS DESIGNED TO PROTECT IFX CORPORATION AND SUBSIDIARIES (JOINTLY “IFX”), CUSTOMERS AND INTERNET COMMUNITY IN GENERAL FROM IRESPONSIBLE OR, IN SOME CASES, ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. THE POLICY COMPRISES A LIST OF NON-EXHAUSTIVE AND NON-EXCLUSIVE ACTIONS PROHIBITED BY IFX. IFX RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THE POLICY AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
Prohibited Uses of IFX Systems, Products and Services:
- Streaming, distribution or storage of any material that violates any applicable law is prohibited. This includes, without constraints, content protected by reproduction rights, trademark, business secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and content that is obscene and/or defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat or violates the laws of control of exports.
- Sending unsolicited email messages, including sending “junk mail” or other advertising material to people who have not specifically requested such material (e.g., “flood with email messages” or “spam”). The recipient’s repeated complaints will make the messages seem as “unsolicited”, as well as requests not to continue receiving such material. This includes, without constraints, mass commercial advertising, informational announcements and political communications. It also includes the publication of the same or similar message in one or more newsgroups (excess of cross-publication or multiple publications).
Misrepresentation in the message header in order to hide its true content is strictly prohibited. The Customer is also prohibited from hosting sites that are advertised through unsolicited email messages or sites that generate these types of unsolicited messages, even if they are not generated directly from this site. Hosting, advertising, marketing or making any software, program, product or service designed to violate this Policy in any way available to third parties or that violates the acceptable use policies of another Internet access provider, including, but not limited to, programs designed to send messages with unsolicited advertising (“spamware”), which are prohibited in this document.
The maintenance of any service network that allows, without restrictions, the sending of messages or emails by third parties, including, but not limited to, open mail servers (“open mail relays”) and mailing lists that do not have effective authentication methods (e.g., “confirmed opt-in”) is strictly prohibited. IFX accounts or services may not be used to receive replies to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider if said messages violate this Policy or that of another provider. The Customer assumes responsibility for the compliance of this Policy and must hold IFX account less for any penalty or fine associated with sending unsolicited emails, including costs associated with other Internet access providers.
- The Customer is prohibited from associating with any activity that has as its object or seeks to interrupt services of other uses or Internet networks. This includes, but is not limited to, Internet Message Control Protocols or other types of attacks and transmissions of malicious electronic message packets (“mail bombing”). Any spam practice that IFX considers to seriously threaten its public image or its relationship with third parties, will cause the immediate interruption of the service until both parties agree on a solution that is acceptable to both.
- Resale, release or transfer of Voice Services over IP to third parties (e.g., “leaking”), without the express written authorization of IFX.
- Unauthorized use or misrepresentation of mail header information (e.g., “spoofing”).
- Access without authorization or trying to obtain unauthorized access to any account or computer resource that does not belong to the Customer (e.g. “cracking”), or to the IFX network.
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain services by any means or device with the purpose of avoiding payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration or destruction, or any attempt thereof, of information about IFX customers or end users through any means or device.
- Voluntary involvement in any activity regarding authentication of users or their security, or that results in a denial of service (e.g., attacks on sequences of synchronized numbers) to any customer or end user of IFX that is in the network of IFX or in the network of another provider. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing information not provided by the Customer, registering on servers or accounts to which the Customer has not been expressly authorized to access; or test the security of other computer systems or networks.
- Participation in sending data or information that is contrary to federal, state or municipal laws, applicable to the service.
- Use of IFX Products and Services to interfere with the use of the IFX network by another customer or authorized user. Each IFX customer will be responsible for the activities of its customer / representative or end user base and, by accepting the service offered by IFX, is committed to advancing these standards and enforcing them. In the case of violations to the Acceptable Use Policy, IFX reserves the right to cancel the services or take steps to prevent the Customer from committing a violation of the IFX PUA, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
The Customer shall compensate, defend and keep IFX without injury from claims, lawsuits, actions, damages, liability, trials, expenses and costs (including the reasonable rates of lawyers) arising from the conduct of the Customer. IFX will make reasonable efforts to notify the Customer of any claim seeking compensation of which it has knowledge as soon as possible, granting the Customer the opportunity to participate in its defense from said claim, agreeing that the Customer’s participation in any case may be conducted to the detriment of the interests of IFX, as reasonably determined by IFX. The inability to notify the Customer in a reasonable period of time shall not free or excuse the Customer from its obligation to compensate IFX, its related parties, subsidiaries, members, affiliates, officers and employees.
This Policy is part of the Services Agreement between IFX and you (“the Customer”), incorporated in this Service Agreement for reference. Any modification made to the Policy must be considered as incorporated to this Policy and to the Services Contract. The continued use of the Service by the Customer will imply its tacit acceptance of the modifications made.
Complaints regarding illegal use, network security, abuse or spam, must be sent to email@example.com